11 December 2012

An Award!


Oh my goodness! An award for me? Thank you so much!

Thank you Chop Suey and Loz! This was a lovely surprise from my vacation!

For those of you might not be aware of what this is (I was not aware until about 10 minutes ago) it is an award for up and coming bloggers. 


The Rules:
  • You have to state 11 random facts about yourself
  • You have to answer the 11 Q’s asked by the person who nominated you; and
  • You have to tag 11 new blogs that have less than 200 followers and ask 11 Q’s of your own, and no tag backs!
Alright! So here are 11 lovely facts about myself:

  1. I love baking cookies, cupcakes, and anything sweet.
  2. Video games are my thing. Especially games like Soul Calibur.
  3. I pretend to be Sailor Moon when no one is watching.
  4. I eat pretty healthy for a college student, but sweets and desserts are my weakness.
  5. I am a Navy brat.
  6. I lived in Japan for about 3 1/2 years. I miss it so much.
  7. I own just as many books as I do nail polishes.
  8. I can speak a little bit of Spanish, Tagalog, Japanese.
  9. When no one is home, I belt out singing in my loud soprano voice.
  10. I love babies and babies love me.
  11. I am currently vice president of two clubs this semester at my school. 
Whew! I had to think about some of those. Anyway, here are the questions from Chop Suey of Chop Suey Nails!
  1. What is the manicure you are most proud of? It would have to be my manicure for the "inspired by your country" day of the Take Two challenge. Although it was one of the simplest manicures I've done, It was one of the cleanest manicures I've done ever. I did not have to clean up my nails since they were clean already. 
  2. What is your favourite style of polish - ie glitter, creme, jelly, holo etc My favorite style of polish... is all  of them! Don't make me choose! Please? I love them all! They're my babies!
  3. Who are your favourite nail bloggers? Some of my favorite nail bloggers are Nailed It NZ, The Scholarly Nail, and Nail Polish Wars.
  4. How will you be spending Christmas Day? With my family. Just something simple. I will more than likely be going to work too. 
  5. What do you want for Christmas? More nail polishes. Especially indie brands! 
  6. How long have you been blogging for? I've been blogging since September 30th of 2012.
  7. Why did you start your blog? I wanted to share my love of nail polish with other. I wanted to document what I have too so that I don't buy doubles. I want to find people who enjoy it as much as I do. 
  8. If you had to choose only ONE beauty product, what would it be? Nail Polish. 
  9. What is your favourite style of music? I love all types of music, but country music is something i prefer just a little bit more.
  10. Chocolate or Vanilla? Neither. Strawberry!
  11. Have you been sucked into Pinterest yet? A little. I go on there occasionally to get inspiration for my nails.
And here are my ones from Loz of Polish and Patterns!
  1. What languages can you speak? I can speak Japanese, English and a little Tagalog.
  2. What colour hair do you have? Black or dark brown. It depends on the light.
  3. Cats or Dogs? Both! They're so cute!
  4. Do you 'do' New Year Resolutions? I try to. 
  5. If so... what is your number one for 2013? Losing weight. I'll be going on a trip with my family in the summer so I want to look good. 
  6. Favourite nail art - Stamping? Freehand? Plain coloured mani etc? It all depends on what I want to do that day. I would like to get better at free-handed designs. 
  7. Your favourite polish colour? Purple. 
  8. Have you ever traveled abroad? Yes. I've been to the Philippines and Japan. 
  9. Summer or Winter? Winter.
  10. Tea or Coffee? (or Milo/Hot Chocolate!) Coffee!!
  11. If you could invite ANYONE for dinner to your house who would it be and why? Sailor Moon. I want to learn how to be sailor scout and see what it would be like to rule a kingdom. 
So that is me! :) And here are some lovelies that deserve this award too!
  1. About how many is in your stash? 
  2. Books or movies?
  3. Favorite cartoon character?
  4. Are you a brand snob with your polishes?
  5. If so, what are your favorite brands?
  6. Favorite indie brand?
  7. How do you store your polishes?
  8. What is a quirky hobby of yours outside of polishes?
  9. What is the polish that you really want, but hard to find?
  10. If you you could trade places with anyone for a day, who would it be and why?
  11. What is your favorite food?
Yaaay! Thank you again guys! and let's support all the lovely bloggers out there!


5 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole!
    Just saw this post and I see my name is on the list..does that mean you've nominated me too? I didn't get a comment from you saying you'd nominated me so I'm just checking :) I don't want to get too excited till I know for sure :)

    Sarah
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicole!!
    I'm super excited about this!!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anothe Nicole blogger!! Yay!!! Thank you so much for this, I will add you to my blog award page!! Sailor Moon is my home girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicole, thanks for nominating me, nice to know I'm not blogging to unknown space =)
    I've tagged you on some Christmasy fun Q&A (http://nailovelogy.blogspot.co.nz/2012/12/holly-jolly-holiday-tag.html). No pressure - Merry Xmas dear! xxAnn

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments! They make so happy to know that I'm not typing into a black void. So please, don't be shy!

Please do not post links in the blog posts. Please post them in the page labeled "Share It". There is a list of some blogs that I read and you can add yours there.