10 January 2013

Nail Art: Cupcakes!

Alright my lovelies!


Today I have a sweet treat for you! How many of you lacqueristas love cupcakes?? I know I do!

Before I get to that yummy goodness, let me share with you my nails from yesterday! Also I used that Zoya Jolene in a girly mani like I promised! :)

*BEWARE* Lots of pictures!

Look! Cupcakes! And polka dots and stripes and gems and bows! So I had a little inspiration for this manicure. Besides cupcakes, a friend had tagged me in this picture. I thought the overall design was simple and cute. Soooo I copied it kinda. I changed the way the rhinestones looked and instead of a glitter accent I did a cupcake!



Polishes Used in order:
  • Essie's Rock Solid
  • Finger Paints' Base Coat
  • Zoya's Jolene
  • Essence's Oh My Glitter!
  • Sinful Colors Nail Art's A Slice to Go
  • Island Girl's Pineapple Plantation
  • Wet N Wild's Silvivor
Now on to the sweet treat!

My family and I went to L.A. yesterday to visit this gem.

Oh yum! I hope all of you are aware that this is the cupcake store that has a show on TLC. Their show is called DC Cupcakes. Their main store is in Washington D.C. and this is a branch of theirs.

Their display of cupcakes is so adorable! Their stacked on little cake stands.
I ordered the brightest cupcake. It's called Lemon Berry. It had the brightest pink frosting!

Plus! I think it matched my little cupcake accent!

Okay. Let's get down to the nitty gritty. These cupcakes are DELICIOUS. The frosting is so light and fluffy. It isn't heavy or too sweet. It's perfection! The cake isn't dense. A few months ago we went to Sprinkles in La Jolla. It is another famous cupcake shop. In comparison, Georgetown is a 1000 times better!
We even bought more!

In the left picture, starting from the top left and going clockwise, we have:
Cookies N Cream Cheesecake, Caramel Praline Crunch, Choclate^3 (chocolate cubed) and Chocolate Ganache.
In the right, starting from the top left to and going clockwise, we have:
Red Velvet, Vanilla^2, Lemon Berry, and Chocolate Ganache.

So that was yesterday! What do you think? Are you gonna try some awesome cupcakes soon? 

I'll see you guys tomorrow! Oh! Before I forget, here are some flowers from the store (they decorate their tables with these.)

See you tomorrow!!













No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments! They make so happy to know that I'm not typing into a black void. So please, don't be shy!

Please do not post links in the blog posts. Please post them in the page labeled "Share It". There is a list of some blogs that I read and you can add yours there.